Follow Me on Pinterest Follow

Sunday, May 5, 2013

'Art With An Attitude' (Blog Hop)

As a consultant with Close To My Heart, I am part of Kim's "Stampers With An Attitude" team.    This month, the team decided to have our first ever Blog Hop and the theme is 'Art with an Attitude.'

If you have come here from Sandra's 'Oh My Scraps!!' blog, you are on the right path!  Blog Hopping is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one!


For this challenge, I decided to create some "swing" cards using the Artiste cartridge for the Cricut machine.  All four cards use papers from the Claire packet along with several different stamp sets.  There are actually eight different "swing" cards which can be cut using the 's' button.

All of the different patterns on this card with a square focal point make me smile.  I love how the colored arrows point to the chevron, and there are even polka dots on the fabric flower.  That flower is adhesive-backed and is available with two other flowers in the Claire Assortment, which coordinates with the Claire paper packet.  An image with notched corners from the Frame It Up stamp set creates a nice border for the sentiment from the Joyful Birthday stamp set..

Another swing card option features a scallop circle.  The round dotted image used to create a border on the circle is also from the Frame It Up set.  This 'congrats' sentiment is in the Kudos stamp set, which is part of the Artiste Collection.  

For a more decorative center, this card uses a stamp image from the Perfect Fit-Frames set.  Stamps from the Puns of Praise set are used for the clock and the sentiment.  To create the "faux Washi tape" accents on the front edge of the card, the Patterned Pennants stamp set was used.  Stamping "faux Washi tape" is one of my favorite techniques that we were taught at the CTMH Album Retreat.

Since the images add just nice texture, another stamp from the Perfect Fit-Frames set was used for this card.  Instead of stamping another image in the center, one of the polka-dot fabric flowers was added.  A small 'thank you' sentiment from Casual Expressions was embossed using Outdoor Denim pigment ink.

Now "Hop" on over to Pamela's 'Reflections of My Art & Soul' blog to see her work!  Be sure to visit all the "Stampers With An Attitude" participating blogs to get some great crafting inspiration and other fun ideas!    

All papers and stamps are from Close To My Heart (CTMH).
Sheila Bennett
Close To My Heart Independent Consultant
(913) 485-4355
My Email My Facebook My CTMH OBA My Pinterest My Blog My Shopping Cart My Twitter

2 comments:

Thanks for your comments! It is always nice to hear some feedback. :)