Sunday, October 11, 2009

13 Hours Worth of Stamping!


Yesterday, a friend and I were able to spend 13 hours straight playing with all of our great Close To My Heart stamps and inks. Looks at how many projects I completed. A few of the cards were started last weekend at the CTMH Regional Celebration in Minneapolis, and some of the others are "stamp lifted" from cards that have been shared by other CTMH consultants. There are some nugget tins in the back that are a bit difficult to see. But I promise a "close up" of them in a later post.


One of my favorite cards from the day is this adorable silhouette card using the Childhood Portrait stamp set. The little girl stamp is embossed using Cocoa embossing powder, so the image has a bit of sheen and texture to it. This is a very simple card to create, no layers except a strip of Cocoa cardstock on the lower inside as a background for the great border punch used along the bottom.


The Childhood Portait stamp set has several other adorable images, and they are perfect to use for creating quick and simple cards. This little boy on a rocking horse is a simple black & white card, with the Swiss Dots embossing folder used for the background. Looks like the scanner added a bit of a blue 'haze' to the card - but it is really just white cardstock.

5 comments:

  1. 13 hours!!! woohoo for you! Look at all the goodies you made. Love your 2 cards. I didn't get this set and now you are making me jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thirteen hours... I'm jealous! LOL. Seriously, your cards are awesome. Can't wait to see the rest up close and personal, too! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't accomplish half of that in 13 hours. I'd probably eat and talk most of the time. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like so much fun! I wish I had a buddy who could stand me for 13hrs of crafting...great work! - Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! It is always nice to hear some feedback. :)