Friday, May 8, 2009

Mistress of the Art of Death

Since I seldom watch TV, I read a lot of books. I love to read, and have been using the Goodreads site to keep track of books that I've read, and recommendations from friends of books that I would like to read. And I just found out that I can link my book reviews from the Goodreads site to my blog. :)

Mistress of the Art of Death (Thorndike Press Large Print Christian Historical Fiction) Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
An okay story, but I just never found myself really identifying with or caring for any of the characters. I think this is the beginning of a series, but I will not continue reading the series.



The story is set in the 1100's England where there have been some mysterious deaths of children. For some reason, the King of Sicily sends a small group to England to determine the cause of death of the children and who is responsible. Going against all accepted practices of the time, there is a female doctor - and her specialty is to determine cause of death; i.e. a modern day Medical Examiner.



Since it took me an entire week to read the book, that is a sign that I just wasn't excited about reading it. lol


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! It is always nice to hear some feedback. :)